SubscribeSubscribe to this blog's feed
Cindy on the World Economic Forum
Post by Cindy from http://endpoverty-ccyl.blogspot.com/
It is my pleasure to provide this link since I feel poverty
and environmental sustainability are pretty much the same issue. Here are Bono
and Gore, the Big Dudes of each of the issues, in a joint interview. It's
awesome to see them presenting together! These two have seen the importance of
working together to save the planet. They speak about the fact that the brunt
of the climate crisis is going to be felt by the developing world and all the
good work will be undone if we don't focus on sustainability, too.
Notable moments from the interview...
Good news about poverty from Bono:
- 29 million more children in Africa going to school due to debt cancellation
- 2 million Africans on AIDS drugs due to the work the recent administration in Washington
- 46 million bednets distributed
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) look like they are not going to be achieved in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Commitments made by the G8 summit to fight poverty in 2005 will not happen.
"I've recently begun to fear I may be losing my objectivity on Bush
and Cheney" -- Al Gore
"Father Al, I am not just a noise polluter, I am a noise-polluting, diesel-sucking, ethane-emitting, gulf stream-flying rock star" -- Bono
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cindy on the World Economic Forum: