Top 10 of 2010
We are so grateful for the many blessings of 2010. Here's our top 10 list of 2010. What would you add to this list?
Top 10 of 2010
- Advocating for a strong child nutrition bill: We applauded new investments in our nation's child nutrition programs. New funding will expand access to our nation's school feeding programs.
- A big win for Bread's 2010 Offering of Letters: In December, Congress approved extending current levels for the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit. As a result, the bill prevented 2 million people from falling below the poverty line.
- Moving forward in the fight against global hunger: We applaud our leaders for launching the 1,000 Days Initiative, Feed the Future and continuing efforts to reform U.S. foreign aid.
- 2010 Hunger Justice Leaders: 75 young people participated in a leadership and advocacy training in June 2010. Leaders returned to their communities where they continued their advocacy work and influenced policy.
- The Pledge to End Hunger: 10,000 people signed the pledge, which resulted in a $10,000 donation to Bread.
- David Beckmann wins the World Food Prize: The prize is a testament to the power of our movement -- people like you who advocate for an end to hunger.
- Celebrating the release of the 2011 Hunger Report: The report examines the root cause of hunger by exploring new initiatives to address the problem.
- Standing up to Glenn Beck: Bread supporters rallied together to send the Poverty and Justice Bible to Glenn Beck.
- David's new book: Exodus from Hunger makes a compelling case for advocacy. David reminds us that we are called to change the politics of hunger.
- Finally....YOU! We love working with you and empowering you to be an advocate for hungry people. Your stories, your passion and your faith keep us going.
Thank you for making 2010 a year to remember.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Top 10 of 2010:
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.