Tweets by @bread4theworld
Hunger in the News: Food Stamps. Immigration. Foreign Aid.
- "Should Food Stamp Nutrition Be Mandated?" by David Katz, M.D. The basic question is whether use of food assistance dollars should be restricted so as to preclude unhealthful food choices.
- "Obama Pushes Back on Immigration Policy Criticism from Latinos," by David Nakamura. President Obama pushes back Wednesday against criticism over his administration’s deportation policies for illegal immigrants.
- "The 'success' of Workfare When Jobs are Scarce," by Barbara Kiviat. As unemployment has sky-rocketed, and other social safety net program like SNAP (a.k.a. food stamps) have seen a surge in participation, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) has barely budged.
- "Can Policy Members 'Fix' the Banking System and Foster Economic Growth" by Stacy Kaper. The song lyric, “I want it all” evokes the American psyche and could be part of the reason why so much frustration and disappointment is associated with the nation’s financial services policy.
- "We Don’t Give Out Foreign Aid to Make People Like Us," by James M. Lindsay. Many people wonder why the U.S. gives millions of dollars to countries where Americans are unpopular. Foreign aid is not about winning hearts and minds.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Hunger in the News: Food Stamps. Immigration. Foreign Aid.: