SubscribeSubscribe to this blog's feed
Hunger in the News: The Farm Bill. Food Stamp Qualifications. Horn of Africa.
- "Farm Bill Ideas Compared," by Daniel Looker. "Carl Zulauf, the Ohio State University economist who helped design the ACRE program in the 2008 Farm Bill, has put together a comparison of 10 of the top farm bill ideas, including those from farm and commodity groups and members of Congress."
- "Some States Adding Assets to Food Stamp Qualification," by John Wisely. "How rich is too rich for food stamps? The answer depends on where you live."
- "Famine Crisis Remains Dire in Horn of Africa," (BBC). "Humanitarian officials say the scale of the humanitarian crisis in the Horn of Africa is still huge three months after famine was declared in the region."
- "Obama is in Real Trouble with Latinos," Stewart J. Lawrence. "The latest Gallup poll has Obama's approval rating among Hispanics down to 48%, the lowest of his presidency, and down from 60% in January of this year."
- "More Than 20 Percent of U.S. Kids in Poverty," UPI. "Nearly 22 percent of U.S. children live in poverty, compared with 14 percent of the total population, researchers at the University of New Hampshire say."
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Hunger in the News: The Farm Bill. Food Stamp Qualifications. Horn of Africa.: