Tools You Can Use: 2012 Hunger Report Christian Study Guide
Here’s something new you may not know about the 2012 Hunger Report, “Rebalancing Act: Updating U.S. Food and Farm Policies.” Bread for the World Institute offers a Christian Study Guide for engaging your congregation, Bible study group, or small group in informative conversations about the report. The study guide features six small-group sessions designed to facilitate discussion and action based on the contents of the report. Created for Christians of many theological and political viewpoints, the study guide is easily adaptable to enhance the group’s experience. Each study guide session includes:
- Biblical reflection materials and questions
- A summary of the theme as presented in the Hunger Report, along with reflection questions
- Activities to engage group members in analyzing current realities, using content from the Hunger Report and their life experiences
- An invitation to pray and act in light of the discussion.
Each session of the Study Guide also invites participants to consider how they might take action in response to the issues discussed. Session topics include:
- Session 1: Our Broken Food System can be Transformed
- Session 2: Nutrition is Critical to Fighting Hunger
- Session 3: Farm Policies should not Show Favoritism
- Session 4: Poor and Vulnerable People should be Protected
- Session 5: Farmers, Farm Workers, and Just Livelihoods
- Session 6: Community Efforts can Transform Food Systems
The 2012 Hunger Report Christian Study Guide is available online. A hard copy can also be found on page 120 of the printed Hunger Report.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tools You Can Use: 2012 Hunger Report Christian Study Guide:
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.