Ten Ways Christians Can Help End Hunger During Elections
Maryland activists participate in Bread for the World's 2011 Lobby Day. (Photo by Jim Stipe/Bread for the World)
- Develop an “elevator speech” for why ending hunger is important to you as a Christian.
- Register to vote.
- Write a letter to your local paper saying that ending hunger is a priority for you as a voter.
- Learn what the candidates are saying about ending hunger.
- Speak about the importance of ending hunger at candidates’ town hall meetings.
- Engage your friends. Make sure they are registered and know what the candidates are saying about ending hunger.
- Magnify your voice by combining it with those of thousands of other Christians. Become a member of Bread for the World; organize an Offering of Letters.
- Engage your church.
- Give money and volunteer time to candidates who are committed to ending hunger.
- VOTE for candidates who are committed to ending hunger.
During the August recess, as we lead up to the lame duck session, Bread members are setting up meetings with members of Congress and their staff at local offices to make sure that hunger issues are part of the campaign conversations.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Ten Ways Christians Can Help End Hunger During Elections:
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.